Thursday, December 29, 2005

LOTR Game 2

The 'Lads' came around to my humble abode for another game of The Lord Of The Rings Battle Strategy Game... this time somewhat bigger. I ran the Fellowship (minus Gandalf, as it was set after his tumble in Moria) and Young Chris was trying to rescue my guys with Farimir and 24 Gondorian warriors. Pitched against us were 35 Urak-Hai run by Andy Late-but-in-earnest and some 40-odd assorted Orcs under the command of Robbie Rommel. My aim was of course to keep the Ringbearer from harm, and so Aragorn and Boromir charged headlong toward the Orcs, while Legolas (Firing a multitude of arrows... somewhat less than successfully) and Gimli hurtled down the slope to the Uraks. Well, we had much slaughter amongst the Foe, but Legolas was the first to fall (He fought as well as he shot... Damned dice!) followed shortly afterward by Gimli. Boromir and Aragorn fought well, and protected the Hobbits until they were amongst the Gondor rescue party before being cut down... but who would rescue the rescuers? The Orcish horde were too many, and cut down the Hobbits, and most of the Men of Gondor.

All in all, we had a great afternoon, and will being playing this again, soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robbie Rommel... I like it. Obviously an Irwin/Erwin connection happening there :)

You bet we'll play again!

Richard said...

Yup, I thought I'd 'nick-name' everyone rather than using full names... some people maybe uncomfortable with it. Nothing nasty, of course, and all in the best possible taste... (Small Kenny Everett nod!)

Anonymous said...

Well, I like it :)

Of course, for me, I use my full name on my blog, so no dramas anyway.

But Robbie Rommel? I like it. Very suitable for a wargamer :)