Friday, December 23, 2005

'Twas the day before the night before Christmas...

...and all through the shops, creatures of all shapes and sizes are scurrying to get out of the way of time-maddened last-minute-Christmas-shoppers... Honestly, have you guys been down the shops today? It is an absolute madhouse! I personally have accepted that at this stage, if I ain't got it, the intended giftee is just going to have to be understanding... or perhaps there will be one less gift to buy next year! I will catch up on the gifts that I will inevitably miss... but I suspect that it will be next week... after the frothing at the mouth has stopped. I value my sanity a little more than that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at Pitt Street mall today and it wasn't bad until lunch time. Luckily, I had done most of my shopping by then...

We have given-up giving presents to adults, we just do the kids... on most ocassions you don't like what you get anyway!

Anonymous said...

I've got enough to get me through the people I'm bumping into over the next 24 hours...! Beyond that, my mind is blank!

Richard said...

It's alright mate... Ive got yours already!

Richard said...

I know what you mean Buffy... I just get for kids, friends and my wife & parents now.. much better. Christmas is really about kids... and anyone who says otherwise is a little self-obsessed.