Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Well, here I all am...


Well, a big hello to all out there in Blogland (Which I am led to believe is just about everyone nowadays!)

I have decided to give this a red-hot-go, and will try to write down some of the shit that flows through my head, at least a couple of times a week. This may turn out to be self-delusional fantasy, but only time will tell. I am mainly here because I get so much enjoyment from my mate Rob's Blog( http://www.robirwin.com) that I felt that there maybe something in it for me... yes it is true, it is all about me!

For those who know me, (to whom I shall send emails about this...) Hi, still me! For those who don't... I am married, with one daughter, and several pets. I work a couple of days a week at the Library, somewhat odder, on-call hours for the NSW Fire Brigade, and mostly raise our child. I sorta view this as the most important job I will ever do.

I'm very into miniature wargames, which is (for the uninitiated) like chess, but hellishly more complicated. I also paint the figures for the games, and make model terrain and vehicle kits.

As for my other spare time... well it doesn't leave much! I watch what TV and Movies I can while looking after Bec, and mainly listen to music in the car.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found it! Please disregard my last e-mail! Good on ya for starting this, Dickie. I think you'll find that blogging is VERY thereapeutic and good for the soul. Want to rant about something? Rant. Want to tell the world how cute your daughter is? Tell them. And everything in between. Welcome to the blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well.... what have we here? Another place for me to play!!! :-)

Your daughter is gorgeous!

Richard said...

Buffy, you are a welcome visitor to my virtual home any time you wish... beyond keeping the Undead vermin away, you're funny (which cuts a lot of mustard with me!)

Besides, anyone who is prepared to say how gorgeous Bec is, is obviously doubly welcome!