Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I have been a very bad Blogger.....

Late April!?!?!? It has been THAT long since I last posted?

Oh, well, there goes the idea of updating every couple of weeks! Or was that a couple of time a week? I dunno.....

Let me see, what has changed in the world since then; I have lost sleep to Australia's World Cup bid... Now madly hoping that the Boys can manage a draw against Croatia.

I have played a couple of decent games: Andy 'Late but in earnest', Young Chris & I played out a Modern Skirmish game, where a platoon of Brit Infantry (Led from the front, and rather poorly, by me!)tried to rescue 3 downed chopper crew just over an unfriendly border. Young Chris played the outraged local troops, and we ended up in a draw, mainly due to his infantry being under my air support, my ground support (2 Tanks, 2 APC's & 12 US Infantry) failing to show up, and all of my anti-tank stuff bouncing off the armour of his tanks. Bugger!

Robbie Rommel, Young Chris & I also staged a couple of fairly massive Star Wars games: Stormtroopers versus Rebels. The Imperials were greatly helped in the first game by a AT-ST Walker , which I rather stupidly traded in for the second game for bulk-loads of Stormtroopers. Never guess it, but I lost. Again. I now own TWO, and will not be so silly again!!!!!

Little Bec continues to grow in leaps and bounds. The nurse said we should try to read 1 book a day to her. She is young, and still having problems with numbers: she must have heard "...try to read ONE HUNDRED books a day!" She will now chase you around the house, with whichever book she REALLY needs read held outstretched in her hands, saying "Read! Read! Sit, knee, READ!" Things could be much worse! She is certainly far too clever for me!

No comments: