Friday, February 10, 2006

I actually do stuff that isn't wargaming... sometimes!





Just to prove that I do sometimes actually work... here are some photos from our 2005 Fire Brigades Open Day. The first is of a simulated fuel fire (ie: it is actually fuel burning, but it's not a problem because 'Deputy Captain Dick' is standing by!). This is followed by the shot of me putting the fire out using the fog setting and Aqueous Film Forming Foam. It's not a great photo, but I can just tell it's me from the 'DC' on the side of the helmet! And last is me, explaining the inner workings of the Firepac (The Big Red Truck) to a passing child. Again, not the best photo, but then I clearly wasn't taking it, was I?

This year's open day will be Saturday 29th of April, and every-one is welcome at their local NSW Fire Brigade Station... and of course anyone who happens along to Narellan also get to be taught Fire Safety by 'Deputy Captain Dick'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this "Fire Safety" instruction include how to fall through a ceiling and not break anything???

Richard said...

I actually did break something on that ONE occasion... the plasterboard! Oh, and my pride!

There will definately be no ladder climbing demonstrations from me though!